|Judge||Franklin Montero, Esq.|
|Administrator:||Kim Grimaldi-Thibault (x4180)|
|Violations Clerk:||Denise Blyden (x4080)|
|Prosecutor:||Marc A. Callelo, Esq.|
|Public Defender:||Kristofher Beralo, Esq.|
|Room No.||Room 22 Court Chambers,
Room 25 Violations Office
|Address:||198 North Washington Avenue
2nd Floor, Municipal Building
|Phone:||press 2 for Court|
|Office Hours:||Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 9:00AM-4:00PM
Wed open at 9:30AM
|Court Schedule:||Wednesdays at 3:00PM|
+ The Violation Bureau accepts cash, money orders and personal checks.
+ If payments are mailed, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you require a receipt.
+ Traffic tickets may be paid at the window, by mail, or online at http://www.njmcdirect.com/.
MUNICIPAL COURT LINKS:
NJ State Judiciary
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
New Jersey Court Opinions
New Jersey Administrative Court Decisions
New Jersey Administrative Law Final Decisions
Opinions of the New Jersey Supreme Court Ethics Committees
- Plea by Mail: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10715_plea_mail.pdf?c=uQC
- Your Day in Court: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10959_yourdayincourt_8x11.pdf?c=vbt
- Municipal Court Opening Statement ().
- Do I qualify for a Public Defender: https://njcourts.gov/courts/assets/municipal/indigencyguidelines.pdf?c=KRC
- Where may I pay my fine? www.NJMCdirect.com
- Municipal Court Appeal Forms: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10559_muni_appeal_kit.pdf?c=QQ0
- Court Fines: https://www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/assets/violations/part1bc.pdf?c=paB
- NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Point Schedule: http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Violations/penalties_pointSchedule.htm
- Records Request Application Form Online at https://www.njcourts.gov/selfhelp/index.html
The Municipal court has jurisdiction over violations of motor vehicles and traffic laws, fish and game, forest and park laws, disorderly persons offenses, and borough ordinance violations.
A municipal judge presides over court. The court administrator, deputy court administrator and the violation clerk handle the day to day functions of the court office and assist the judge. Municipal courts have a least prosecutor and a public defender. Defendants unable to afford counsel and meet the financial criteria may be appointed the public defender. The court has established a Reduced Rate Attorney Program (R.R.A.P.) for individuals who can not afford an attorney, yet to qualify for the public defender. Please contact the court office for more information on public defender qualification or an R.R.A.P. list.
Private Citizen Complaints are filed with the court administrator. Sometimes mediation can help disputing parties reach a reasonable solution, so the court utilizes the Community Dispute Resolution Committee (CCDRC). This program is designed to mediate reasonable solutions without having to go to court.
The operations of the municipal court continue to expand and at times the idea of having to go to court and before a judge can be confusing. Please call our court office, and we will be glad to explain court procedures to you.